Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shakespeare's 'Coriolanus' Finally Gets the Movie Treatment!

Ralph Fiennes is set to make his directorial debut on Coriolanus, an adaptation of the Shakespeareplay of the same name. And now he's lined up some big names to join him, in the shape of Vanessa Redgrave, William Hurt and Jessica Chastain.

The play is being adapted for the screen by John "Sweeney Todd" Logan, and tells the story of the titular Roman general who becomes involved in political intrigue both on behalf of the Roman Republic and against it, unwilling as he is to acknowledge the role of the plebians in the State.

2 comments:

evaberlinerin said...

Thanks for the great news!! I'm so excited! I've already seen the play and I really enjoyed it! Moreover, I think Ralph Fiennes is amazing!

Eva from Hauptstadtreisen

How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath said...

awesome info , keep up posting..

your info really enlighten my day..
hope you have a wonderful days,

Cheers