Monday, February 25, 2008

Shakespeare Marathon & 15,000 liters of “blood”

Do you love Shakespeare, fancy English history and have 1,389 minutes plus to spare? If so, a unique opportunity is available, thanks to a mammoth project by the Royal Shakespeare Company, in what has been described in The Guardian newspaper as “One of the greatest events of modern theatre”.

All eight of the bard’s history plays, covering 100 years of English history, are currently being performed at the RSC’s home in Stratford upon Avon (until 16 March) and then between April 1 and May 25 in London at The Roundhouse. The plays are Richard II, Henry IV Parts I and II, Henry V, Henry VI Parts I, II and III, and Richard III

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the three parts of Henry VI directed by Michael Boyd (this production) at the RSC in 2000 in a day and a half, and I'd highly recommend the experience to any Shakespeare geeks out there.

Unfortunately the final piece of the tetralogy, Richard III, wasn't able to open until I was out of the country a week or so later -- I've been hoping for a US tour to see that "hunchbacked toad."

How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath said...

awesome info , keep up posting..

your info really enlighten my day..
hope you have a wonderful days,

Cheers